Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
It’s Not Dangerous Mold if it isn’t Black
While black mold does have a dark appearance, it’s not the only type of mold that can cause health issues for people. You can’t rely on the color of mold to determine its level of toxicity, and some hazardous molds come in colors such as brown, green, yellow, or white. When it comes down to it, a significant colony of any mold type can release enough spores into the air to affect those with allergies, asthma, and other conditions, so it’s important to address any type of mold growth in a timely manner.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (407) 698-5155
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Northwest Orlando for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Northwest Orlando has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Northwest Orlando proudly serves Orlando and surrounding areas.